(kur´vә-chәr″) a nonangular deviation from a normally straight course.
Found op http://www.encyclo.co.uk/local/21001
• (n.) The amount of degree of bending of a mathematical curve, or the tendency at any point to depart from a tangent drawn to the curve at that point. • (n.) The act of curving, or the state of being bent or curved; a curving or bending, normal or abnormal, as of a line or surface from a ...
Found op http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/curvature/
in mathematics, the rate of change of direction of a curve with respect to distance along the curve. At every point on a circle, the curvature is the ... [6 related articles]
Found op http://www.britannica.com/eb/a-z/c/171
In mathematics, curvature refers to any of a number of loosely related concepts in different areas of geometry. Intuitively, curvature is the amount by which a geometric object deviates from being flat, or straight in the case of a line, but this is defined in different ways depending on the contex...
Found op http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curvature
- (medical) a curving or bending; often abnormal
- the rate of change (at a point) of the angle between a curve and a tangent to the curve
- the property possessed by the curving of a line or surface
The rotation per unit length of a member due to bending forces.
Found op http://www.areforum.org/up/GeneralStructures/JOIST%20AND%20STRUCTURAL%20GLO
deformation in which certain lines that are normally straight are replaced by arcs
Found op http://www.electropedia.org/iev/iev.nsf/display?openform&ievref=806-15-83
A measure of the amount by which a curve, a surface, or any other manifold deviates from a straight line, a plane, or a hyperplane (the multidimensional equivalent of a plane). For a plane curve, the curvature at a given point has a magnitude equal to one over the radius of an osculating circle (a c...
Found op http://www.daviddarling.info/encyclopedia/C/curvature.html
Type: Term Pronunciation: ker′vă-chūr Definitions: 1. A bending or flexure. Synonyms: curvatura See: angulation
Found op http://www.medilexicon.com/medicaldictionary.php?t=21968
1) Arch 2) Arcuation 3) Bend 4) Bending 5) Bough 6) Bought 7) Concameration 8) Condition 9) Conflexure 10) Crook 11) Curl 12) Curling 13) Curvation 14) Curvity 15) Deflection 16) Deflexion...
Found op http://www.mijnwoordenboek.nl/EN/crossword-dictionary/curvature/1
Tip: double click on a word to show its meaning.
No exact matches found.
Typ a word and hit `Search`.
The most recent searches on Encyclo. Between brackets you will find the number of results and number of related results.
• Emotioned (2)
• indenting (2)
• haedstay (1)
• Euphantus (1)
• Hampton`s Legion (1)
• Matthew Scully (1)
• Barbara Goenaga (2)
• Thermal rocket (1)
• Psittacotherium (1)
• Study Club fire (1)
• NK Višnjevac (1)
• Un fil à la patte (1)
• Baghdad Tower (1)
• Betrachotoxin (1)
• Kabaddi (3)
• Peada (4)
• ARY Digital Network (1)
• Meeran Trombley (1)
• Japanification (1)
• Murali Sharma (1)
• Video game musicians (1)
• terra cotta lamp (1)
• haphalgesia (4)
• Shadow Fox (1)