Su'tra noun ; plural Sutras . [ Sanskrit s...tra a thread, a string of rules; an aphorism; from siv to sew.] 1. (a) A precept; an aphorism; a brief rule. (b) A collection of such aphorisms.
Found op http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/S/253
noun a rule or aphorism in Sanskrit literature or a group of aphoristic doctrinal summaries prepared for memorization
Found op http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=sutra
• (n.) A body of Hindoo literature containing aphorisms on grammar, meter, law, and philosophy, and forming a connecting link between the Vedic and later Sanscrit literature. • (n.) A precept; an aphorism; a brief rule. • (n.) A collection of such aphorisms.
Found op http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/sutra/
Sutra: see Sanskrit literature.
Found op http://www.infoplease.com/ce6/ent/A0919265.html
(Skr. string) An aphorism, the earliest form chosen for mnemonic reasons, in which philosophic thought was couched in India, necessitating often elaborate commentaries (bhasya) which frequently differ widely in their interpretation of the original and have occasioned vanous schools. -- K.F.L.
Found op http://www.ditext.com/runes/s.html
[newspaper] Sutra was a Serbian daily tabloid. During its short two-month run it was published in Belgrade. Started on November 27, 2007, Sutra attempted to establish itself on the Serbian saturated daily tabloid market. Around the time of its launch, three more daily tabloids were started i...
Found op http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sutra_(newspaper)
1) Brahman aphorism 2) Buddha sermon 3) Buddhist scripture 4) Buddhist teaching 5) Collection of aphorisms 6) Collection of hindu truths 7) Discourse of the buddha 8) Hindu aphorisms 9) Hindu aphorisms, collectively 10) Hindu life...
Found op http://www.mijnwoordenboek.nl/EN/crossword-dictionary/sutra/1
Tip: double click on a word to show its meaning.
No exact matches found.
Typ a word and hit `Search`.
The most recent searches on Encyclo. Between brackets you will find the number of results and number of related results.
• Marsh McLennan Cos. (1)
• The Foundry School (1)
• xian (10)
• Amblyptilia japonica (1)
• Bachelors Community of (1)
• Intergenal (3)
• Richard Stone (11)
• Cup bearers (1)
• Quito Glacier (1)
• Risk benefit ratio (3)
• Nuffield Gutty (1)
• Thoughtless (7)
• Danny Perez (1)
• Hector Louis Langevin (1)
• Luella (2)
• horminum (1)
• Rhythim (1)
• Placido Rizzotto (1)
• Rhinophis oxyrhynchus (1)
• rhIL 11 (2)
• Lawrence Brignolia (1)
• Fulgura (1)
• Rogo (3)
• Laning (2)