[n] - an elderly unmarried woman
Found on http://www.webdictionary.co.uk/definition.php?query=spinster
Spin'ster noun [ Spin + - ster .] 1. A woman who spins, or whose occupation is to spin. « She spake to spinster to spin it out.» Piers Plowman. « The spinsters and the knitters in the sun....
Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/S/165
1. A woman who spins, or whose occupation is to spin. 'She spake to spinster to spin it out.' (Piers Plowman) 'The spinsters and the knitters in the sun.' (Shak) ... 2. A man who spins. ... 3. An unmarried or single woman; used in legal proceedings as a title, or addition to the surname. 'If a gentl...
Found on http://www.mondofacto.com/facts/dictionary?spinster
old maid noun an elderly unmarried woman
Found on http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=spinster
• (n.) A woman of evil life and character; -- so called from being forced to spin in a house of correction. • (n.) An unmarried or single woman; -- used in legal proceedings as a title, or addition to the surname. • (n.) A man who spins. • (n.) A woman who spins, or whose occupat...
Found on http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/spinster/
A spinster, or old maid, is an older, childless woman who has never been married. For a woman to be identified as a spinster, age is critical. A "spinster" is not simply a "single" woman, but a woman who has not formed a human pair bond by the time she is approaching or has reached menopause and th...
Found on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spinster
- an elderly unmarried woman
- someone who spins (who twists fibers into threads)
A woman who has never been married.
Found on http://www.movinghere.org.uk/help/glossary.htm
1) An elderly unmarried woman 2) Bachelor's counterpart 3) Bachelorette, pejoratively 4) Dickens's miss havisham, e.g. 5) Maiden lady 6) Never-married woman 7) Old maid 8) One who's not the marrying type 9) Unmarried woman
Found on http://www.mijnwoordenboek.nl/EN/crossword-dictionary/spinster/1
Tip: double click on a word to show its meaning.
No exact matches found.
Typ a word and hit `Search`.
The most recent searches on Encyclo. Between brackets you will find the number of results and number of related results.
• Identifying (3)
• pseudoanaphylactic (2)
• Accona Desert (1)
• oneortheother (1)
• Bâgé la Ville (1)
• Paul Bannon (2)
• Bonneval, Wisconsin (1)
• arduino (4)
• diaphragm (25)
• Yishan Li (1)
• Au??enminister (22)
• Cholerrhagic (4)
• Cecil Womack (1)
• Flypaper effect (1)
• Derbyshire (7)
• Di at (25)
• Electroluminescent (1)
• Piccadilly (10)
• Banyan (21)
• Glyco lipids (3)
• Du Collège (25)
• Stage Door (8)
• Farmvale (1)
• Dentalium diarrhox (1)