Spence noun [ Old French despense , French dépense , buffet, buttery, from Old French despendre to spend, distribute, Latin dispendere , dispensum . See Dispense , Spend .] 1. A place where pr...
Found op http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/S/159
1. A place where provisions are kept; a buttery; a larder; a pantry. 'In . . . His spence, or 'pantry' were hung the carcasses of a sheep or ewe, and two cows lately slaughtered.' (Sir W. Scott) 'Bluff Harry broke into the spence, And turned the cowls adrift.' (Tennyson) ... 2. The inner apartment o...
Found op http://www.mondofacto.com/facts/dictionary?spence
• (n.) A place where provisions are kept; a buttery; a larder; a pantry. • (n.) The inner apartment of a country house; also, the place where the family sit and eat.
Found op http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/spence/
Spence is a English boy name. The meaning of the name is `From Spencer, meaning Provider` From Old English. The name Spence doesn`t appear In the US top 1000 most common names over de last 128 years. The name Spence seems to be unique!
Found op http://www.pregnology.com/index.php?boys/Spence
The USS Spence was an American Fletcher Class destroyer of 2050 tons displacement built under the 1940-41 programme and sunk during the Second World War. The USS Spence was powered by four Babcock and Wilcox boilers providing a top speed of 36 knots. She carried a complement of 353 and was armed wit...
Found op http://www.probertencyclopaedia.com/browse/RSA.HTM
[surname] Spence is a surname. Notable persons with that surname include: ...
Found op http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spence_(surname)
1) 2001 economics nobelist michael ... 2) English boy name
Found op http://www.mijnwoordenboek.nl/EN/crossword-dictionary/spence/1
Tip: double click on a word to show its meaning.
No exact matches found.
Typ a word and hit `Search`.
The most recent searches on Encyclo. Between brackets you will find the number of results and number of related results.
• HMS Uganda (2)
• Laura Pendergest Holt (1)
• round atelectasis (3)
• in Canada (6)
• TI HI (21)
• HRCT (2)
• appraisal well (4)
• chrysographer (2)
• floor stock protection (1)
• Batey (5)
• So?ník (1)
• Null Void (3)
• Triquetra (3)
• Goku (3)
• Rotterdam School (2)
• Zoophilia and health (1)
• cowberries (1)
• two party plus system (1)
• Boretc (1)
• aoidos (2)
• Brushfield spots (3)
• Reinhard Haupenthal (1)
• Whirlpool (18)
• Velia (5)