So·no'rous adjective [ Latin sonorus , from sonor , -oris , a sound, akin to sonus a sound. See Sound .] 1. Giving sound when struck; resonant; as, sonorous metals. 2. Loud-sounding; giving ...
Found op http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/S/145
1. Giving sound when struck; resonant; as, sonorous metals. ... 2. Loud-sounding; giving a clear or loud sound; as, a sonorous voice. ... 3. Yielding sound; characterised by sound; vocal; sonant; as, the vowels are sonorous. ... 4. Impressive in sound; high-sounding. 'The Italian opera, amidst all t...
Found op http://www.mondofacto.com/facts/dictionary?sonorous
(son´ә-rәs) (sә-nor´әs) resonant; sounding.
Found op http://www.encyclo.co.uk/local/21001
• (a.) Impressive in sound; high-sounding. • (a.) Loud-sounding; giving a clear or loud sound; as, a sonorous voice. • (a.) Sonant; vibrant; hence, of sounds produced in a cavity, deep-toned; as, sonorous rhonchi. • (a.) Yielding sound; characterized by sound; vocal; sonant; as, ...
Found op http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/sonorous/
One of the physical properties of a metal, by which sound is produced when a metal is struck. For example, aluminium produces a high pitch sound when struck. Many metals are used to make musical instruments in order to exploit their sonorous properties. Changing the structure of a metal varies the s...
Found op http://www.talktalk.co.uk/reference/encyclopaedia/hutchinson/m0097915.html
1) Full 2) Heavy 3) Loud, deep or resonant, as a sound
Found op http://www.mijnwoordenboek.nl/EN/crossword-dictionary/sonorous/1
Tip: double click on a word to show its meaning.
No exact matches found.
Typ a word and hit `Search`.
The most recent searches on Encyclo. Between brackets you will find the number of results and number of related results.
• chirotonsor (2)
• Dongqu, Panzhihua (1)
• The Carefree Gardener (1)
• Natalie Michaels (1)
• Stoyan Gadev (1)
• Mastophorus muris (1)
• Flavia de Oliveira (1)
• Martyrly (3)
• Govan High School (1)
• Benifaió (1)
• Abed (5)
• Gonoph (4)
• HaNoar HaOved VeHaLome (1)
• counterfeitcoin (1)
• Gustave Fonjallaz (1)
• National Health Servic (10)
• Failure To Surrender (1)
• wink reflex (2)
• Luit Bieringa (1)
• Xavier Hospital (1)
• lignivore (2)
• Kokorou (1)
• Slaveykov, Petko Rache (2)
• scabbard fish (1)