• (n.) A title prefixed to the Christian name of a knight or a baronet. • (n.) An English rendering of the LAtin Dominus, the academical title of a bachelor of arts; -- formerly colloquially, and sometimes contemptuously, applied to the clergy. • (n.) A respectful title, used in addre...
Found op http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/sir/
sir A form of sire, a respectful form of address for a king or lord; from Latin senior 'older' through Old French and the source of English senior.
Found op http://www.wordinfo.info/words/index/info/view_unit/1934/2
Supplemental Inflatable Restraint
Found op http://www3.sympatico.ca/dhaughey/j1930.htm
[disambiguation] Sir is a respectful title for a man. SIR or Sir may also refer to: ...
Found op http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sir_(disambiguation)
Sir is an honorific address used as a courtesy title to address a man without using his given or family name in many English speaking cultures. It is often used in formal correspondence (Dear Sir, Right Reverend Sir). The term is often reserved for use only toward equal, one of superior rank or sta...
Found op http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sir
- term of address for a man
- (British) a title used before the name of knight or baronet
Sirmium near Mitrovica, serbia (Vojvodina)
Found op http://www.time-lines.co.uk/glossary-of-ancient-roman-coin-mintmarks-3042-0
1. (language) An early system on the IBM 650. [Listed in CACM 2(5):16, May 1959]. 2. (standard) Serial Infrared. An infrared standard from IrDA, part of IrDA Data. SIR supports asynchronous communications at 9600 bps - 115.2 Kbps, at a distance of up to 1 metre. [Reference?] (1999-10-14)
Found op http://foldoc.org/SIR
[film] Avtar Gill Sir is a 1993 Bollywood film directed by Mahesh Bhatt starring Naseeruddin Shah, Pooja Bhatt, Atul Agnihotri and Paresh Rawal. ==Plot== Mumbai-based college teacher Amar Verma (Naseeruddin Shah) lives with his wife, Shobha (Soni Razdan), and 6 year old son, Kunal. When a wa...
Found op http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sir_(film)
[William] Sir (William) Alfred Gelder (12 May 1855 – 26 August 1941) was a British architect and Liberal politician. ==Family and education== Gelder was born in the village of North Cave in the East Riding of Yorkshire, the son of William Gelder, a joiner and wheelwright who later became a...
Found op http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sir_(William)_Albert_Gelder
1) .. anthony hopkins 2) ... barton (first triple crown winner) 3) ... mix-a-lot 4) ... roger de coverley (country dance) 5) ... winston churchill 6) '... duke' (stevie wonder tune) 7) 'dear' one 8) 'hey, mister!' 9) 'little ... echo'
Found op http://www.mijnwoordenboek.nl/EN/crossword-dictionary/sir/1
Tip: double click on a word to show its meaning.
No exact matches found.
Typ a word and hit `Search`.
The most recent searches on Encyclo. Between brackets you will find the number of results and number of related results.
• excision (17)
• Katia Plaschka (1)
• Top Secret Drum Corps (1)
• divert (8)
• Keyway (11)
• Delta Commander (1)
• Charnockite (2)
• CA 15 3 (3)
• Rachiotome (3)
• Coitus (10)
• Cephaeline (2)
• Cher (17)
• Disagreeance (2)
• sutural (5)
• tanrec (5)
• FL (21)
• capitalism (20)
• Chamrieng Samai (1)
• Hypnerotomachia (1)
• eidoptometry (2)
• Lyrical (5)
• Ya el (25)
• duocrinin (2)
• Cyborg (12)