[adj] - being the most concentrated solution possible at a given temperature 2. [adj] - (chemistry) used especially of organic compounds 3. [adj] - (of color) being chromatically pure
Found op http://www.webdictionary.co.uk/definition.php?query=saturated
containing the maximum number of hydrogen molecules, i.e. when every carbon atom in a hydrocarbon chain is attached to two hydrogen atoms.
Found op http://www.bio-power.co.uk/glossary.htm
(1) in organics, a chemical compound with all carbon bonds satisfied; it does not contain double or triple bonds and thus cannot add elements or compounds. (2) in liquids, a solution that contains enough of a dissolved solid, liquid, or gas so that no mor
Found op http://www.chemicalglossary.net/definition/1456-Saturated
Sat'u·ra`ted adjective 1. Filled to repletion; holding by absorption, or in solution, all that is possible; as, saturated garments; a saturated solution of salt. 2. (Chemistry) Having its affinity satisfied; combin...
Found op http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/S/19
A condition in which all easily drained voids (pores) between soil particles are temporarily or permanently filled with water, significant saturation during the growing season is considered to be usually one week or more. ... (09 Oct 1997) ...
Found op http://www.mondofacto.com/facts/dictionary?saturated
adjective used especially of organic compounds; having all available valence bonds filled; `saturated fats`
Found op http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=saturated
(sach´ә-rāt-әd) denoting an organic compound that has only single bonds between carbon atoms. holding all of a solute that can be held in a solution by the solvent (saturated solution).
Found op http://www.encyclo.co.uk/local/21001
• (imp. & p. p.) of Saturate • (a.) Filled to repletion; holding by absorption, or in solution, all that is possible; as, saturated garments; a saturated solution of salt. • (a.) Having its affinity satisfied; combined with all it can hold; -- said of certain atoms, radicals, or compo...
Found op http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/saturated/
(1) Referring to rock with water-filled voids. :(2) Referring to water which has dissolved as much limestone or other karst rock as it can under normal conditions.
Found op http://www.cancaver.ca/docs/glossary.htm
Describes a solution that has as much solute as possible.
Found op http://www.chemistry-dictionary.com/definition/saturated.php
1) Concentrated 2) Drenched 3) Really soaked 4) Soaked 5) Soaked through 6) Soaked through and through 7) Soaking 8) Soaking wet 9) Sopping 10) Sopping wet 11) Supersaturated 12) Waterlogged 13) Wet 14)...
Found op http://www.mijnwoordenboek.nl/EN/crossword-dictionary/saturated/1
Tip: double click on a word to show its meaning.
No exact matches found.
Typ a word and hit `Search`.
The most recent searches on Encyclo. Between brackets you will find the number of results and number of related results.
• Dr. Hector Garcia (1)
• Prince Ã lmos (1)
• Takurua Tamarau (1)
• Oncaspar (1)
• conchomancy (2)
• Janmashtami (2)
• arthroclasia (3)
• Souheïl Ben Radhia (1)
• Toyota Partner Robot (1)
• Acier Noir (1)
• hydrogymnastic (2)
• drumfire (1)
• Hache (4)
• Hugues Lamennais (1)
• FHC (3)
• Alicia Vitarelli (1)
• osteochondritis (7)
• biotrophy (1)
• Ninja Kids!!! (1)
• Doubelievengod (1)
• Pusti (2)
• Niva (4)
• Wah Seong Corporation (1)
• dabali (1)