Sa'ker (sā'kẽr) noun [ French sacre (cf. Italian sagro , Spanish & Portuguese sacre ), either from Latin sacer sacred, holy, as a translation of Greek 'ie`rax falcon, from 'iero`s holy, or...
Found op http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/S/7
1. <zoology> A falcon (Falco sacer) native of Southern Europe and Asia, closely resembling the lanner. ... The female is called chargh, and the male charghela, or sakeret. ... The peregrine falcon. ... 2. A small piece of artillery. 'On the bastions were planted culverins and sakers.' (Macaula...
Found op http://www.mondofacto.com/facts/dictionary?saker
• (n.) A small piece of artillery. • (n.) The peregrine falcon. • (n.) A falcon (Falco sacer) native of Southern Europe and Asia, closely resembling the lanner.
Found op http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/saker/
(from the article `falconry`) ...and broadwings. The hawks in each of these three categories display different traits because of adaptation to their hunting environments and prey. ...
Found op http://www.britannica.com/eb/a-z/s/13
Saker is an old military term for a small piece of artillery.
Found op http://www.probertencyclopaedia.com/browse/FS.HTM
The saker was a British cannon with a 3.5-inch bore firing a 5.5 lb shot.
Found op http://www.probertencyclopaedia.com/browse/FYS.HTM
[cannon] The saker was a medium cannon slightly smaller than a culverin developed during the early 16th century and often used by the English. It was named after the Saker Falcon, a large falconry bird native to the Middle East. A saker`s barrel was approximately 9.5 ft (2.9m) long, had a ca...
Found op http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saker_(cannon)
1) Falconer's trainee
Found op http://www.mijnwoordenboek.nl/EN/crossword-dictionary/saker/1
Tip: double click on a word to show its meaning.
No exact matches found.
Typ a word and hit `Search`.
The most recent searches on Encyclo. Between brackets you will find the number of results and number of related results.
• Agent Vi (1)
• Ray Kelly (8)
• Home School Agreement (1)
• morbidity survey (1)
• Ladies Man (4)
• NFVB (1)
• Betwa River (2)
• ampelotherapy (1)
• Casarrubuelos (1)
• Nagel (6)
• angiodermatitis (2)
• Unlubricated (3)
• Undigestible (2)
• John Akar (1)
• pepulo (2)
• Dana Ivey (1)
• Twenty Ounce (1)
• Balsam Mountain (2)
• Peranakan beaded slipp (1)
• Lex pro urbe et orbe. (1)
• Clinton, Virginia (1)
• Zažablje (1)
• Notional profit (1)
• Salah Ad Din Province (1)