[n] - a composer of sacred songs
Found op http://www.webdictionary.co.uk/definition.php?query=psalmist
Psalm'ist noun [ Latin psalmista , Greek ...: confer French psalmiste . See Psalm .] 1. A writer or composer of sacred songs; -- a title particularly applied to David and the other authors of the Scriptural psalms. 2.
Found op http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/P/185
1. A writer or composer of sacred songs; a title particularly applied to David and the other authors of the Scriptural psalms. ... 2. A clerk, precentor, singer, or leader of music, in the church. ... Origin: L. Psalmista, Gr., cf. F. Psalmiste. See Psalm. ... Source: Websters Dictionary ... (01 Mar...
Found op http://www.mondofacto.com/facts/dictionary?psalmist
noun a composer of sacred songs; `David is called The Psalmist because he is believed to be the author of the Book of Psalms`
Found op http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=psalmist
• (n.) A clerk, precentor, singer, or leader of music, in the church. • (n.) A writer or composer of sacred songs; -- a title particularly applied to David and the other authors of the Scriptural psalms.
Found op http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/psalmist/
1) A composer of sacred songs 2) Composer 3) David
Found op http://www.mijnwoordenboek.nl/EN/crossword-dictionary/psalmist/1
Tip: double click on a word to show its meaning.
No exact matches found.
Typ a word and hit `Search`.
The most recent searches on Encyclo. Between brackets you will find the number of results and number of related results.
• Biczyce Dolne (1)
• Emaciating (1)
• Vacate (7)
• Anders Olsen (1)
• Mohammad Asghari (1)
• Rich Conaty (1)
• Rasht (5)
• Caltrop (7)
• Lion class battleship (1)
• Retailment (2)
• Robert L. Humphrey (1)
• good till cancelled or (3)
• Rich Barcelo (1)
• Linener (2)
• Gmina Szczytno (1)
• Wasichu (1)
• Anti epileptic (9)
• Patrick W. Boyd (1)
• Gromov product (1)
• Alive in Poland (1)
• CONSUELO (5)
• The O C (25)
• Ordo (4)
• Yevgeny Polivanov (1)