noun a mistake resulting from neglect
Found op http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=omission
• (n.) The act of omitting; neglect or failure to do something required by propriety or duty. • (n.) That which is omitted or is left undone.
Found op http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/omission/
omission 1. Something left out, not done, or neglected: 'An important omission in a report.' 2. Something omitted or neglected. 3. The act or an instance of omitting. 4. The state of having been omitted.
Found op http://www.wordinfo.info/words/index/info/view_unit/1319/5
- a mistake resulting from neglect
- something that has been omitted
- any process whereby sounds are left out of spoken words or phrases
- neglecting to do something; leaving out or passing over something
An omission is the neglect to perform what the law requires. When a public law enjoins on certain officers duties to be performed by them for the public, and they omit to perform them, they may be indicted: for example, supervisors of the highways are required to repair the public roads; the neglect...
Found op http://www.lectlaw.com/def2/o037.htm
1)A duty that is not accomplished either because it is forgotten or negligance in performance for which the person can be held legally liable for breach of duty. 2)Imporatnt facts that have not been included in a contract,deed or other legal document which can be included by mutual agreement between...
Found op http://www.legal-explanations.com/definitions/omission.htm
n. 1) failure to perform an act agreed to, where there is a duty to an individual or the public to act (including omitting to take care) or where it is required by law. Such an omission may give rise to a lawsuit in the same way as a negligent or improper act. 2) inadvertently leaving out a word, ph...
Found op http://dictionary.law.com/Default.xhtml?selected=1391
1) Certain erratum 2) Elision 3) Error 4) Fault 5) It may be a sin 6) Leaving out 7) Mistake 8) Skip 9) Skipper's result? 10) Skipping 11) What's left out
Found op http://www.mijnwoordenboek.nl/EN/crossword-dictionary/omission/1
Tip: double click on a word to show its meaning.
No exact matches found.
Typ a word and hit `Search`.
The most recent searches on Encyclo. Between brackets you will find the number of results and number of related results.
• Scalenohedral (3)
• Malayan Tiger (1)
• Biscotti (4)
• Germanic Roman contact (1)
• Fewmet (2)
• Odin Class submarine (1)
• Zade Dirani (1)
• Sarah Lawrence College (2)
• Mayo Kébi (1)
• Charles S. Lawrence (1)
• Homogeneous (25)
• Jean Felix Nourrisson (1)
• Bobbi Trout (2)
• Sauer Heiner (1)
• Malatya (5)
• CBD Metro (1)
• Cardioneurosis (2)
• Lotus ononopsis (1)
• hurricane (25)
• Calisto smintheus (1)
• turbidity (18)
• bunyoro (2)
• left hepatic vein (2)
• Pahor, Borut (1)