1. <oncogene> An oncogene, identified in mouse osteosarcoma. ... 2. <chemistry> Having less than the highest number of hydroxyl groups; said of acids; as, metaphosphoric acid. Also used adjectively. ... (04 Mar 1998) ...
Found on http://www.mondofacto.com/facts/dictionary?met
• (imp. & p. p.) of Meet • imp. & p. p. of Meet. • imp. & p. p. of Mete, to measure. • p. p. of Mete, to dream. • (p. p.) of Mete
Found on http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/met/
a unit of metabolism. Metabolism, the sum of all the processes going on in the body to sustain life, is measured in units of power expended per unit of body surface area. One met is the metabolism of a seated, resting person, equal to about 58.15 watts per square meter (W/m2) or 13.89 cal...
Found on http://www.unc.edu/~rowlett/units/dictM.html
An approximate unit of heat produced by a resting person, equal to about 18.5 Btu per square foot per hour.
Found on http://www.electromn.com/glossary/m.htm
Type: Abbreviation Definitions: 1. Abbreviation for metabolic equivalent.
Found on http://www.medilexicon.com/medicaldictionary.php?t=54532
Type: Symbol Definitions: 1. Symbol for methionine or methionyl.
Found on http://www.medilexicon.com/medicaldictionary.php?t=54533
Metropolitan Electric Tramways
Found on http://www.britishmodelbuses.com/Glossary.htm
Metropolitan Police Service
Found on http://www.met.police.uk/foi/glossary.htm
1) 'the' place for opera 2) 'we have ... the enemy . . . ' 3) 'when harry ... sally ...' 4) [meet-conj] (to make the acquaintance of) 5) 1969 sports hero 6) Abbreviation
Found on meteorological, meteorology 7) Adjoined 8) Assembled 9)
The honey wine is one of the oldest alcoholic beverage. The origin of the name has in the prehistoric period. The root word is found in all Indo-European languages and is also the root word for "noise". In Sanskrit, is "madhu" for a sweet and intoxicating drink, but...
Found on http://www.wein-plus.eu/en/Mead_3.0.719.html
The expression of the rate of work (power output) for the human body at rest, or a metabolic equival
Found on http://www.superglossary.com/Glossary/Health/Fitness/
Tip: double click on a word to show its meaning.
No exact matches found.
Typ a word and hit `Search`.
The most recent searches on Encyclo. Between brackets you will find the number of results and number of related results.
• Marcelinho Paulista (1)
• Tap and die (1)
• Bloomingdale Park (1)
• Gordon Moyes (1)
• Enhydra (5)
• Derek (4)
• icedin (1)
• MusicGremlin (1)
• Andy Bennett (1)
• Pusher (25)
• Cherry Creek Campaign (1)
• No Witch (2)
• Sigma, Six: (1)
• raymondchandler (1)
• OGX 011 (1)
• Contell Glacier (1)
• hayer affidavits (1)
• Sainte Marie aux Mines (1)
• Dyshemopoietic (2)
• Owain Tudor Jones (1)
• Touch Me (14)
• QUIRKY (5)
• Rock Live (4)
• Rafo Muñiz (1)