A rocky formation continuous with and fringing the shore.
Found op http://www.ecy.wa.gov/programs/sea/swces/products/glossary.htm
[n] - a projecting ridge on a mountain or submerged under water
Found op http://www.webdictionary.co.uk/definition.php?query=ledge
Ledge (lĕj) noun [ Akin to Anglo-Saxon licgan to lie, Icelandic liggja ; confer Icelandic lögg the ledge or rim at the bottom of a cask. See Lie to be prostrate.] [ Formerly written lidge .] 1. A shelf...
Found op http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/L/25
1. A shelf on which articles may be laid; also, that which resembles such a shelf in form or use, as a projecting ridge or part, or a molding or edge in joinery. ... 2. A shelf, ridge, or reef, of rocks. ... 3. A layer or stratum. 'The lowest ledge or row should be of stone.' (Sir H. Wotton) ... 4. ...
Found op http://www.mondofacto.com/facts/dictionary?ledge
shelf noun a projecting ridge on a mountain or submerged under water
Found op http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=ledge
• (n.) A lode; a limited mass of rock bearing valuable mineral. • (n.) A shelf on which articles may be laid; also, that which resembles such a shelf in form or use, as a projecting ridge or part, or a molding or edge in joinery. • (n.) A shelf, ridge, or reef, of rocks. • (n.) A...
Found op http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/ledge/
Type: Term Pronunciation: lej Definitions: 1. In anatomy, a structure resembling a ledge.
Found op http://www.medilexicon.com/medicaldictionary.php?t=48610
1) A rocky formation continuous with and fringing the shore 2) Alpiner's delight 3) Bookshelf 4) Break in a building's facade 5) Cliff projection 6) Cliff protrusion 7) Climber's toehold 8) Flowerpot spot 9) Houseplant place 10) I...
Found op http://www.mijnwoordenboek.nl/EN/crossword-dictionary/ledge/1
Tip: double click on a word to show its meaning.
No exact matches found.
Typ a word and hit `Search`.
The most recent searches on Encyclo. Between brackets you will find the number of results and number of related results.
• Bloor Street (2)
• Hipponyx antiquatus (1)
• Clio Williams Maxi (1)
• Carpilioidea (1)
• Dewey Beard (1)
• bond length (6)
• Carpigiani (1)
• Bloomsbury (9)
• Georgia Guidestones (1)
• eudes (4)
• Chikamin Range (1)
• tautopathy (2)
• Radio AAHS (1)
• Exapostilarion (1)
• resectoscope (4)
• Carpetway (2)
• Bloomingdale, Georgia (1)
• ESTA Holding (1)
• Toyz (2)
• Babilonia (3)
• Carpet Knight (5)
• Tumhari Disha (1)
• Twenty Third Amendment (2)
• Giuseppe Nicolini (2)