In heraldry, impalement is the division of a shield palewise, or by a vertical line, especially for the purpose of marshalling or putting side-by-side (impaling) the arms of husband and wife (see Arms of Alliance).
Found op http://www.probertencyclopaedia.com/browse/UI.HTM
[n] - the act of piercing with a sharpened stake as a form of punishment or torture
Found op http://www.webdictionary.co.uk/definition.php?query=impalement
Im·pale'ment noun 1. The act of impaling, or the state of being impaled. Byron. 2. An inclosing by stakes or pales, or the space so inclosed. H. Brooke. 3. That which hedges in; inclosure. [ R.] Milton. ...
Found op http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/I/15
1. The act of impaling, or the state of being impaled. ... 2. An inclosing by stakes or pales, or the space so inclosed. ... 3. That which hedges in; inclosure. ... 4. The division of a shield palewise, or by a vertical line, especially. For the purpose of putting side by side the arms of husband an...
Found op http://www.mondofacto.com/facts/dictionary?impalement
noun the act of piercing with a sharpened stake as a form of punishment or torture
Found op http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=impalement
• (n.) The division of a shield palewise, or by a vertical line, esp. for the purpose of putting side by side the arms of husband and wife. See Impale, 3. • (n.) An inclosing by stakes or pales, or the space so inclosed. • (n.) That which hedges in; inclosure. • (n.) The act of i...
Found op http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/impalement/
(from the article `heraldry`) ...when strewn with minor charges; when charged with drops of liquid, it is gutté. Partition lines divide the shield. The most common ones are ...
Found op http://www.britannica.com/eb/a-z/i/11
[heraldry] In heraldry, impalement is a form of marshalling (heraldic combination) of two coats of arms side-by-side in one shield or escutcheon to denote union, most often that of a husband and wife, but also for ecclesiastical use. An impaled shield is bisected "in pale", that is by a vert...
Found op http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impalement_(heraldry)
Impalement is the traumatic penetration of an organism by an elongated foreign object such as a stake, pole, or spear, and this usually implies complete perforation of the central mass of the impaled body. While the term may be used in reference to an unintentional accident, it is more frequently u...
Found op http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impalement
Impalement is a method of execution carried out by thrusting a stake through the body.
Found op http://www.probertencyclopaedia.com/browse/AI.HTM
1) Cruelty 2) Inhuman treatment
Found op http://www.mijnwoordenboek.nl/EN/crossword-dictionary/impalement/1
Tip: double click on a word to show its meaning.
No exact matches found.
Typ a word and hit `Search`.
The most recent searches on Encyclo. Between brackets you will find the number of results and number of related results.
• Cartoon Network (24)
• AriZona Diet Green Tea (1)
• Farthing Bag (2)
• Alberto Lizzio (1)
• Neotis (1)
• rag and bone shop (1)
• Gerboa (3)
• Annemarie Reinhard (1)
• Lawmaking (2)
• Colder (3)
• muela (1)
• Akhaura Upazila (1)
• Sezgin (1)
• amphorous (1)
• IPO Date (4)
• Bathylepeta (1)
• Tommy Corcoran (1)
• New York City Marshal (1)
• Pacation (2)
• Artificial Spermatocoe (1)
• Parameshti Guru (1)
• Lumen naturale (1)
• Lake Walcott (1)
• Jan Dirksz Both (1)