[n] - thin usually unleavened johnnycake made of cornmeal
Found op http://www.webdictionary.co.uk/definition.php?query=hoecake
Hoe'cake` noun A cake of Indian meal, water, and salt, baked before the fire or in the ashes; -- so called because often cooked on a hoe. [ Southern U.S.]
Found op http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/H/51
noun thin usually unleavened johnnycake made of cornmeal; originally baked on the blade of a hoe over an open fire (southern)
Found op http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=hoecake
• (n.) A cake of Indian meal, water, and salt, baked before the fire or in the ashes; -- so called because often cooked on a hoe.
Found op http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/hoecake/
(from the article `cornbread`) There are numerous regional variations of cornbread. The simplest are hoecakes, a mixture of cornmeal, water, and salt, so named because they were ...
Found op http://www.britannica.com/eb/a-z/h/59
1) Baked cornmeal dish 2) Cornmeal slab 3) Johnny cake 4) Johnnycake 5) Journey cake 6) Thin usually unleavened johnnycake made of cornmeal
Found op http://www.mijnwoordenboek.nl/EN/crossword-dictionary/hoecake/1
Tip: double click on a word to show its meaning.
No exact matches found.
Typ a word and hit `Search`.
The most recent searches on Encyclo. Between brackets you will find the number of results and number of related results.
• Jakkamma (1)
• Mahavairocana Tantra (1)
• Cinesias (2)
• Polyhydroxyalkanoates (1)
• myorrhexis (3)
• Bioglass (3)
• Sigmoidectomy (8)
• erythrocyte ghost (2)
• Quacha (3)
• Rare Earth hypothesis (1)
• Bethany (12)
• Kyalashbek (1)
• onychomalacia (4)
• Unsecured loan stock (1)
• THERMOCLINE (16)
• Cinematics (4)
• stopping sight distanc (1)
• Eurypelma californicum (1)
• Bruise (19)
• Circulet (2)
• skarb (1)
• Danie G. Krige (1)
• Noorpur Thal Tehsil (1)
• bathyphilous (1)