Hab'er·dash`er (-dăsh`ẽr) noun [ Prob. from Icelandic hapurtask trumpery, trifles, perhaps through French. It is possibly akin to English haversack , and to Icelandic taska trunk, chest, pocket, German tasche pock...
Found op http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/H/1
1. A dealer in small wares, as tapes, pins, needles, and thread; also, a hatter. 'The haberdasher heapeth wealth by hats.' (Gascoigne) ... 2. A dealer in drapery goods of various descriptions, as laces, silks, trimmings, etc. ... Origin: Prob. Fr. Icel. Hapurtask trumpery, trifles, perh. Through Fre...
Found op http://www.mondofacto.com/facts/dictionary?haberdasher
• (n.) A dealer in drapery goods of various descriptions, as laces, silks, trimmings, etc. • (n.) A dealer in small wares, as tapes, pins, needles, and thread; also, a hatter.
Found op http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/haberdasher/
A haberdasher is a person who sells small articles for sewing, such as buttons, ribbons, zips, and other notions. In American English, haberdasher is another term for a men`s outfitter. A haberdasher`s shop or the items sold therein are called haberdashery. ==Origin and use== The word appears in Ch...
Found op http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haberdasher
In Britain, a haberdasher is a dealer in small articles used for sewing, such as buttons, zips, and ribbons In the USA, a haberdasher is a gentlemen's outfitter.
Found op http://www.probertencyclopaedia.com/browse/CXH.HTM
Those who sell men's clothing and accessories.
Found op http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/A_Magical_Medieval_City_Guide_%28DnD_Other%29/
seller of small personal items.
Found op http://charlesdickenspage.com/glossary.html
1) Clothier 2) Merchandiser 3) Merchant
Found op http://www.mijnwoordenboek.nl/EN/crossword-dictionary/haberdasher/1
Tip: double click on a word to show its meaning.
No exact matches found.
Typ a word and hit `Search`.
The most recent searches on Encyclo. Between brackets you will find the number of results and number of related results.
• Eryx whitakeri (1)
• auditee (1)
• shampoo (17)
• Angus (16)
• Charles Radtke (1)
• CFCF diet (1)
• paraneoplastic syndrom (8)
• Jon Silkin (1)
• ruby spots (1)
• keraunoneurosis (1)
• Spencer Airport (3)
• Anagraph (4)
• Star wars superweapons (1)
• Egorov`s theorem (1)
• vort an o (1)
• Lazaro Cardenas, Mexic (1)
• Wheelswarf (2)
• Caudies de Conflent (2)
• WIN FS (7)
• Harriette Walters (1)
• Line Spectrum (13)
• Vicálvaro (1)
• Almond Rocks (2)
• Astrocele (2)