[novel] Gossamer (2006) is a novel with elements of both fantasy and realism for young adults by Lois Lowry. == Plot summary == The book`s omniscient point of view, Littlest One, affectionately called Littlest, is out on a dark night. As she and her mentor, Fastidious, stealthily sneak into ...
Found op http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gossamer_(novel)
HMS Gossamer was a British Halcyon Class fleet minesweeper of 815 tons displacement of the Second World War launched in 1937 and sunk during the Second World War. HMS Gossamer was powered by two sets of 3-cylinder compound engines providing a top speed of 16.5 knots. She carried a complement of 80 a...
Found op http://www.probertencyclopaedia.com/browse/RG.HTM
Gossamer commonly refers to: Gossamer may also refer to: == Technology == == Music, literature and television == == Other uses == == See also == ...
Found op http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gossamer
soft light delicate materialÂ
Found op http://www.graduateshotline.com/list.html
[n] - a gauze fabric with an extremely fine texture
Found op http://www.webdictionary.co.uk/definition.php?query=gossamer
Gos'sa·mer noun [ Middle English gossomer , gossummer , gosesomer , perhaps for goose summer , from its downy appearance, or perhaps for God's summer , confer German mariengarr gossamer, properly Mary's yarn, ...
Found op http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/G/46
1. A fine, filmy substance, like cobwebs, floating in the air, in calm, clear weather, especially in autumn. It is seen in stubble fields and on furze or low bushes, and is formed by small spiders. ... 2. Any very thin gauzelike fabric; also, a thin waterproof stuff. ... 3. An outer garment, made of...
Found op http://www.mondofacto.com/facts/dictionary?gossamer
noun a gauze fabric with an extremely fine texture
Found op http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=gossamer
• (n.) Any very thin gauzelike fabric; also, a thin waterproof stuff. • (n.) An outer garment, made of waterproof gossamer. • (n.) A fine, filmy substance, like cobwebs, floating in the air, in calm, clear weather, especially in autumn. It is seen in stubble fields and on furze or low...
Found op http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/gossamer/
A light film of silk threads, or groups of these floating through the air.
Found op http://www.xs4all.nl/~ednieuw/Spiders/Spiderglossary.htm
[Looney Tunes] Gossamer is an animated cartoon character in the Warner Bros. Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies series of cartoons. The character is a hairy, red monster. His rectangular body is perched on two giant tennis shoes, and his heart-shaped face is composed of only two oval eyes and ...
Found op http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gossamer_(Looney_Tunes)
- a gauze fabric with an extremely fine texture
- filaments from a cobweb
1) Cobweb filament 2) Cobwebby 3) Delicate 4) Diaphanous 5) Ethereal 6) Filmy cobweb 7) Floating cobweb 8) Light and filmy 9) Light as gauze 10) Soft light delicate material
Found op http://www.mijnwoordenboek.nl/EN/crossword-dictionary/gossamer/1
Tip: double click on a word to show its meaning.
No exact matches found.
Typ a word and hit `Search`.
The most recent searches on Encyclo. Between brackets you will find the number of results and number of related results.
• Belgian Democratic Uni (1)
• Styx II (1)
• Horology (11)
• Max Ramsay (1)
• Aleyard (1)
• eosinophil count (1)
• Ectosymbiosis (5)
• Despection (2)
• Fehime Sultan (1)
• Homorganic (4)
• Forton, Hampshire (1)
• vascular atrophy (1)
• isthmectomy (4)
• Thyrolytic (2)
• Remixes (14)
• ad hoc (17)
• KWNA (1)
• Shinney (2)
• Aerology (8)
• Salad Cream (4)
• Faridkot, Pakpattan (1)
• Mastacembelus armatus (1)
• fissura (4)
• Kutorgina (1)