[n] - breaking up and scattering by dispersion
Found on http://www.webdictionary.co.uk/definition.php?query=dissipation
Reduction in the amount of a pesticide or other compound which has been applied to plants, soil etc. (used when it is not clear whether this is by mineralization degradation, binding, or leaching).
Found on http://sis.nlm.nih.gov/enviro/iupacglossary/glossaryd.html
Dis`si·pa'tion noun [ Latin dissipatio : confer French dissipation .] 1. The act of dissipating or dispersing; a state of dispersion or separation; dispersion; waste. « Without loss or dissipation of the matter....
Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/D/95
noun breaking up and scattering by dispersion; `the dissipation of the mist`
Found on http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=dissipation
• (n.) A dissolute course of life, in which health, money, etc., are squandered in pursuit of pleasure; profuseness in vicious indulgence, as late hours, riotous living, etc.; dissoluteness. • (n.) A trifle which wastes time or distracts attention. • (n.) The act of dissipating or dis...
Found on http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/dissipation/
In physics, dissipation embodies the concept of a dynamical system where important mechanical models, such as waves or oscillations, lose energy over time, typically from friction or turbulence. The lost energy converts into heat, which raises the temperature of the system. Such systems are called ...
Found on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissipation
- breaking up and scattering by dispersion
- dissolute indulgence in sensual pleasure
- useless or profitless activity; using or expending or consuming thoughtlessly or carelessly
conversion of electric energy into thermal energy non intended to be used
Found on http://www.electropedia.org/iev/iev.nsf/display?openform&ievref=151-15-07
conversion of sound energy into heat
Found on http://www.electropedia.org/iev/iev.nsf/display?openform&ievref=801-31-29
1) Breaking up and scattering by dispersion 2) Dispersion 3) Scattering
Found on http://www.mijnwoordenboek.nl/EN/crossword-dictionary/dissipation/1
Tip: double click on a word to show its meaning.
No exact matches found.
Typ a word and hit `Search`.
The most recent searches on Encyclo. Between brackets you will find the number of results and number of related results.
• goldfinger banana (1)
• Zoospore (11)
• Jamal (5)
• Aziz El Shawan (2)
• WTI (5)
• meritorious (6)
• Qatruyeh District (1)
• Sissyneck (1)
• Chinese (20)
• Alison Barros Moraes (1)
• Dunchideock (1)
• Lacrimal (13)
• Kibe (4)
• flavors (3)
• Eninho (1)
• Saigon (9)
• Central Aérea Limitad (1)
• Miya (3)
• Lean product developme (1)
• Snagging (9)
• Pureé (16)
• Bahmetli (1)
• abdominocentesis (9)
• Bismuthyl (6)