verb compel someone to do something by insistent clamoring; `They clamored the mayor into building a new park`
Found op http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=clamor
• (n.) A continued expression of dissatisfaction or discontent; a popular outcry. • (n.) Any loud and continued noise. • (v. t.) To utter loudly or repeatedly; to shout. • (v. t.) To stun with noise. • (v. i.) To utter loud sounds or outcries; to vociferate; to complain; to ...
Found op http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/clamor/
(from the article `Mozarabic chant`) The Mozarabic liturgy contains one element found in no other liturgy of equal antiquity. This is a Clamor (Shout) in the mass, added on feast days to ...
Found op http://www.britannica.com/eb/a-z/c/90
clamor 1. Loud shouting or outcry, vociferation; especially, the excited outcry of vehement appeal, complaint, or opposition: commonly, but not always, implying a mingling of voices. 2. General vehement expression of feeling, especially of discontent or disapprobation (often including noisy manifest...
Found op http://www.wordinfo.info/words/index/info/view_unit/2447/
[ministry] CLAMOR is a youth outreach ministry focused on the inner city youth on the East Coast of the USA and in the Caribbean. It`s President and founder is Dr. Carlos Suarez, Jr. ...
Found op http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clamor_(ministry)
[magazine] Clamor was a bi-monthly magazine published in Toledo, Ohio. The focus of the magazine was alternative culture (covering art, commentary, cultural criticism, photography, interviews, politics, and music), often from a politically left-wing perspective. It was reported in November 2...
Found op http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clamor_(magazine)
- a loud harsh or strident noise
- loud and persistent outcry from many people
1) Blare 2) Blaring 3) Cacophony 4) Commotion 5) Din 6) Hubbub 7) Hue and cry 8) Hullabaloo 9) Noise 10) Outcry 11) Racket 12) Ruckus 13) Shout complain with a lot of noise
Found op http://www.mijnwoordenboek.nl/EN/crossword-dictionary/clamor/1
Tip: double click on a word to show its meaning.
No exact matches found.
Typ a word and hit `Search`.
The most recent searches on Encyclo. Between brackets you will find the number of results and number of related results.
• George Pomeroy Colley (1)
• Hypocysta irius (3)
• Paul Trevithick (1)
• From Italy`s Shores (1)
• Macroglossia (13)
• Muliebrity (6)
• Belalp (1)
• Hippocampal complex (1)
• parahiatal hernia (2)
• angionecrosis (1)
• Lambach (3)
• afterimage (16)
• Moorkanade (1)
• Aground (13)
• haemolysate (1)
• buoyancy (18)
• Villiers les Hauts (1)
• Menenia (1)
• BOSIET (2)
• osteoplast (4)
• Moondreams (3)
• Walter Benjamin (1)
• Erskine Bowles (1)
• Kyunhla Township (1)