[n] - small birds of the Old World tropics having bright plumage and short wide bills
Found op http://www.webdictionary.co.uk/definition.php?query=broadbill
Broad'bill` noun 1. (Zoology) A wild duck ( Aythya, or Fuligula, marila) , which appears in large numbers on the eastern coast of the United States, in autumn; -- called also bluebill , blackhead , raft duck , ...
Found op http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/B/101
1. <zoology> A wild duck (Aythya, or Fuligula, marila), which appears in large numbers on the eastern coast of the United States, in autumn. ... Synonym: bluebill, blackhead, raft duck, and scaup duck. See Scaup duck. ... 2. <zoology> The shoveler. See Shoveler. ... Source: Websters Dict...
Found op http://www.mondofacto.com/facts/dictionary?broadbill
• (n.) A wild duck (Aythya, / Fuligula, marila), which appears in large numbers on the eastern coast of the United States, in autumn; -- called also bluebill, blackhead, raft duck, and scaup duck. See Scaup duck. • (n.) The shoveler. See Shoveler.
Found op http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/broadbill/
any of 14 species of Old World tropical birds constituting the suborder Eurylaimi, order Passeriformes. Broadbills are monogamous and differ from all ... [1 related articles]
Found op http://www.britannica.com/eb/a-z/b/115
The USS Broadbill was an American Auk Class minesweeper of 890 tons displacement launched in 1942. The USS Broadbill was powered by diesel engines providing a top speed of 18 knots and carried a complement of 105. She was armed with one 3 inch dual-purpose gun and two 40 mm anti-aircraft guns.
Found op http://www.probertencyclopaedia.com/browse/RB.HTM
The broadbills are a family of small passerine birds, Eurylaimidae. The Smithornis and Pseudocalyptomena species occur in sub-Saharan Africa; the rest extend from the eastern Himalayas to Sumatra and Borneo. The family possibly also includes the Sapayoa from the Neotropics and the asities from Mada...
Found op http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broadbill
- tropical American heron related to night herons
- diving ducks of North America having a bluish-gray bill
- freshwater duck of the northern hemisphere having a broad flat bill
- small birds of the Old World tropics having bright plumage and short wide bills
Primitive perching bird of the family Eurylaimidae, found in Africa and South Asia. Broadbills are forest birds and are often found near water. They are gregarious and noisy, have brilliant coloration and wide bills, and feed largely on insects
Found op http://www.talktalk.co.uk/reference/encyclopaedia/hutchinson/m0007302.html
[disambiguation] Broadbills are a family of birds. Other uses include: ...
Found op http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broadbill_(disambiguation)
1) Boat-billed heron 2) Boatbill 3) Cochlearius cochlearius 4) Heron
Found op http://www.mijnwoordenboek.nl/EN/crossword-dictionary/broadbill/1
Tip: double click on a word to show its meaning.
No exact matches found.
Typ a word and hit `Search`.
The most recent searches on Encyclo. Between brackets you will find the number of results and number of related results.
• Ratcharit (1)
• Kurt Thiim (1)
• Backswamp (2)
• Woodbrook School (1)
• Geotrichosis (5)
• Lenocinant (2)
• Duygu Bal (1)
• Visual Web Developer (1)
• omalgia (3)
• slot radiator (1)
• Psilocorsis reflexella (1)
• Caecal (5)
• Max Cramer (1)
• Elvi Rhodes (1)
• Attenuation (of light) (1)
• carbon dioxide snow (2)
• NACCT (2)
• Abel Aferworki (1)
• Baby`s Meal (1)
• Enterospasm (6)
• Rubenian dynasty (1)
• Urfa Resistance (1)
• FACCH (1)
• mootw (2)