[n] - part of a dress above the waist
Found op http://www.webdictionary.co.uk/definition.php?query=bodice
Bod'ice noun [ This is properly the plural of body , Oe. bodise a pair of bodies, equiv. to a bodice. Confer Corset , and see Body .] 1. A kind of under waist stiffened with whalebone, etc., worn esp. by women; a cors...
Found op http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/B/73
1. A kind of under waist stiffened with whalebone, etc, worn especially. By women; a corset; stays. ... 2. A close-fitting outer waist or vest forming the upper part of a woman's dress, or a portion of it. 'Her bodice half way she unlaced.' (Prior) ... Origin: This is properly the plural of body, Oe...
Found op http://www.mondofacto.com/facts/dictionary?bodice
noun part of a dress above the waist
Found op http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=bodice
• (n.) A close-fitting outer waist or vest forming the upper part of a woman`s dress, or a portion of it. • (n.) A kind of under waist stiffened with whalebone, etc., worn esp. by women; a corset; stays.
Found op http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/bodice/
A bodice, historically, is an article of clothing for women, covering the body from the neck to the waist. In modern usage it typically refers to a specific type of upper garment common in Europe during the 16th to the 18th century, or to the upper portion of a modern dress to distinguish it from t...
Found op http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bodice
That portion of the garment which covers the breasts. The upper part of a dress.
Found op http://www.labeshops.com/news/?page_id=9
A bodice is a usually sleeveless, women's undergarment for the upper body. Through history there have been various styles of bodice including supportive and restrictive corset styles and delicate styles.
Found op http://www.probertencyclopaedia.com/browse/PB.HTM
1) Dress part 2) Dress' upper part 3) Lace site 4) Lace-up girdle 5) Part of a dress above the waist 6) Tight-fitting woman's garment 7) Top 8) Upper part of a dress
Found op http://www.mijnwoordenboek.nl/EN/crossword-dictionary/bodice/1
Refers to the part of a garment or pattern that goes from shoulder to waist. Think of a shirtwaist dress - the part that goes to the waistline (usually the part with the buttons) is the bodice. In days of old, the bodice was removable from the remainder of the garment.
Found op http://www.thesewingdictionary.com/
Tip: double click on a word to show its meaning.
No exact matches found.
Typ a word and hit `Search`.
The most recent searches on Encyclo. Between brackets you will find the number of results and number of related results.
• Karpholite (4)
• Françoise Robin (1)
• syngeneic (7)
• Haghartsin, Armenia (1)
• Touring Club Belgium (1)
• antitoxin (17)
• Splendid Ii (1)
• Schöne Brunnen (2)
• Hap (12)
• Mohamed al Bishi (2)
• AUTOCLAVE (25)
• Normal play convention (1)
• autoallergic (4)
• Olivaster (3)
• Aleksey Shapurin (1)
• Jean Noel Grinda (1)
• Sikasso (3)
• Thomas C. Wasson (1)
• Lady Violet Powell (1)
• Declarement (2)
• Ryazan class steamship (1)
• Nortia (1)
• Axled (4)
• Vlado Maleski (1)