[n] - part of a dress above the waist
Found op http://www.webdictionary.co.uk/definition.php?query=bodice
Bod'ice noun [ This is properly the plural of body , Oe. bodise a pair of bodies, equiv. to a bodice. Confer Corset , and see Body .] 1. A kind of under waist stiffened with whalebone, etc., worn esp. by women; a cors...
Found op http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/B/73
1. A kind of under waist stiffened with whalebone, etc, worn especially. By women; a corset; stays. ... 2. A close-fitting outer waist or vest forming the upper part of a woman's dress, or a portion of it. 'Her bodice half way she unlaced.' (Prior) ... Origin: This is properly the plural of body, Oe...
Found op http://www.mondofacto.com/facts/dictionary?bodice
noun part of a dress above the waist
Found op http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=bodice
• (n.) A close-fitting outer waist or vest forming the upper part of a woman`s dress, or a portion of it. • (n.) A kind of under waist stiffened with whalebone, etc., worn esp. by women; a corset; stays.
Found op http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/bodice/
A bodice, historically, is an article of clothing for women, covering the body from the neck to the waist. In modern usage it typically refers to a specific type of upper garment common in Europe during the 16th to the 18th century, or to the upper portion of a modern dress to distinguish it from t...
Found op http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bodice
That portion of the garment which covers the breasts. The upper part of a dress.
Found op http://www.labeshops.com/news/?page_id=9
A bodice is a usually sleeveless, women's undergarment for the upper body. Through history there have been various styles of bodice including supportive and restrictive corset styles and delicate styles.
Found op http://www.probertencyclopaedia.com/browse/PB.HTM
1) Dress part 2) Dress' upper part 3) Lace site 4) Lace-up girdle 5) Part of a dress above the waist 6) Tight-fitting woman's garment 7) Top 8) Upper part of a dress
Found op http://www.mijnwoordenboek.nl/EN/crossword-dictionary/bodice/1
Tip: double click on a word to show its meaning.
No exact matches found.
Typ a word and hit `Search`.
The most recent searches on Encyclo. Between brackets you will find the number of results and number of related results.
• St. Benedict the Black (1)
• Hassan Abujihaad (1)
• Luke Wilson (1)
• Jean Paul Mauric (1)
• Paoli, Colorado (1)
• Udaya Movies (1)
• Water Study (1)
• Merrit Fry Farm (1)
• Piney, Manitoba (2)
• fissurectomy (1)
• Ian Fried (1)
• Peerless Insurance (1)
• laryngitis sicca (2)
• peerless insurance (1)
• Manava Naik (1)
• Peerless Woolen Mills (1)
• Chlamydomonas (7)
• Circus Fever (1)
• asphyxia (19)
• Mongol khanate (1)
• Yarim District (1)
• Magdalena Kopp (1)
• Demobilisation (3)
• Aghiatrias (1)