Armed (May, 1941–1964) was an American Thoroughbred gelding race horse. He was sired by the great stakes winner Bull Lea, the sire of Citation. His dam was Armful, whose sire was Belmont Stakes winner Chance Shot, and whose grandsire was the great Fair Play. Small for his age and very headstrong,...
Found op http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armed
[adj] - having arms or arms as specified 2. [adj] - used of plants and animals 3. [adj] - (used of persons or the military) characterized by having or bearing arms
Found op http://www.webdictionary.co.uk/definition.php?query=armed
Armed adjective 1. Furnished with weapons of offense or defense; furnished with the means of security or protection. 'And armed host.' Dryden. 2. Furnished with whatever serves to add strength, force, or efficiency.
Found op http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/A/121
• (a.) Furnished with whatever serves to add strength, force, or efficiency. • (a.) Having horns, beak, talons, etc; -- said of beasts and birds of prey. • (imp. & p. p.) of Arm • (a.) Furnished with weapons of offense or defense; furnished with the means of security or protectio...
Found op http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/armed/
In heraldry, the term armed describes beasts and birds of prey as having their natural weapons - horns, a beak, talons, &c in a different colour to the rest of their body.
Found op http://www.probertencyclopaedia.com/browse/UA.HTM
provided with prickles, spines or thorns
Found op http://www.encyclo.co.uk/local/21767
1) ... and dangerous 2) 1947 horse of the year 3) Activated, as an alarm 4) Available to shoot 5) Battle-ready 6) Bearing heat 7) Carrying 8) Carrying a weapon 9) Carrying weapons 10) Carrying, so to speak 11) Combat-ready ...
Found op http://www.mijnwoordenboek.nl/EN/crossword-dictionary/armed/1
Tip: double click on a word to show its meaning.
No exact matches found.
Typ a word and hit `Search`.
The most recent searches on Encyclo. Between brackets you will find the number of results and number of related results.
• Gellenstrom (1)
• Persiba Balikpapan (1)
• ecraseur (4)
• Parallel Minds (1)
• Lac Duparquet, Quebec (1)
• deamination (8)
• Alfons (2)
• Budd Chiari syndrome (4)
• Moshe (2)
• Ethopoetic (3)
• Neufeld capsular swell (2)
• Pre (5)
• WCND (1)
• Hem (23)
• potassium cyanoaurate (1)
• Supermarine Nighthawk (1)
• Taywara, Afghanistan (1)
• Abusive (7)
• Hungarian Civic Party (1)
• Harold Finger (1)
• Paul Reine (1)
• Montréal Ouest, Quebe (1)
• acidic (21)
• Edward Jackett (1)