Ap'o·them noun [ Greek ... + ... that which is placed, ... to place.] 1. (Math.) The perpendicular from the center to one of the sides of a regular polygon. 2. A deposit formed in a liquid extract of a vegetable substance by exposu...
Found op http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/A/105
1. <mathematics> The perpendicular from the center to one of the sides of a regular polygon. ... 2. A deposit formed in a liquid extract of a vegetable substance by exposure to the air. ... Origin: Gr. + that which is placed, to place. ... Source: Websters Dictionary ... (01 Mar 1998) ...
Found op http://www.mondofacto.com/facts/dictionary?apothem
• (n.) The perpendicular from the center to one of the sides of a regular polygon. • (n.) A deposit formed in a liquid extract of a vegetable substance by exposure to the air.
Found op http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/apothem/
The apothem of a regular polygon is a line segment from the center to the midpoint of one of its sides. Equivalently, it is the line drawn from the center of the polygon that is perpendicular to one of its sides. The word "apothem" can also refer to the length of that line segment. Regular polygons...
Found op http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apothem
© mathisfun.com Also known as a short radius, the perpendicular distance from the center of a regular polygon to one of its sides. It is the same as the radius of a circle inscribed in the polygon.
Found op http://www.daviddarling.info/encyclopedia/A/apothem.html
Type: Term Pronunciation: ap′ō-them, ap′ō-thēm Definitions: 1. A precipitate caused by long boiling of a vegetable infusion or by its exposure to air.
Found op http://www.medilexicon.com/medicaldictionary.php?t=5622
Tip: double click on a word to show its meaning.
No exact matches found.
Typ a word and hit `Search`.
The most recent searches on Encyclo. Between brackets you will find the number of results and number of related results.
• picture postcard (4)
• Amanda Vale (1)
• Muraji (2)
• Abraham Marchant (1)
• one rear toe on. (1)
• European woolly thistl (2)
• Distortionary subsidy (1)
• Doctor`s Cave Beach Cl (1)
• Aucaleuc (1)
• Teesside EfW plant (1)
• Heinz Stettler (1)
• Schlüter, Andreas (1)
• Adal?, Karata? (1)
• Turaga (1)
• Adolph Gregory Schmitt (1)
• Ad?m Ad?m Initiative (1)
• Christus regnat (1)
• Belkacem Radjef (1)
• Nozipho Bengu (1)
• Oncidium klotzschianum (1)
• Tell, Wisconsin (1)
• Fernando Volio Jiméne (1)
• twin brothers (1)
• fleabag (2)